In the last couple of weeks I worked on porting the following sugar modules and submodules to Python3, you can check out my progress in my own repositories(they are not complete yet , so there might still be some errors):
1) Original repo: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-build
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/sugar-build
Changes: Changes in Python3 syntax ,string usage etc in osbuild.py and and different commands in the command folder and called virtualenv with Python3.
2) Original repo: https://github.com/dnarvaez/osbuild
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/osbuild
Changes: These are the required changes that I made in the osbuild module: https://github.com/curiousguy13/osbuild/compare/dnarvaez:master...curiousguy13:master
3) Original repo: https://github.com/dnarvaez/broot
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/broot
Changes: Some other basic Python3 syntax changes and some errors that i reported in my common porting errors wiki blog post.
4) Original repo: https://github.com/dnarvaez/plog
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/plog
Changes: Just a couple of changes as the module name Queue was changed to queue in python3 and the name basestring has disappeared.
5) Original repo: https://github.com/dnarvaez/sourcestamp
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/sourcestamp
Changes: This was a C module written for Python2 but there have been some changes in the C-api for Python3.
The new PEP standard for initialization of extension module: http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3121/
Porting Extension modules to Python3: https://docs.python.org/3/howto/cporting.html.
So with the help of the above links , I did the necessary changes in the sourcestamp module.
6) Original repo: https://github.com/dnarvaez/gwebsockets
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/gwebsockets
Changes: Basic python3 changes using and iteration of 2to3 and they seem to be working for now.
In the following modules, I have done all the trivial Python3 syntax changes and currently working on removing the remaining bugs and errors.
7) Original repo: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/sugar
8) Original repo: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/sugar-toolkit-gtk3
9) Original repo: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-datastore
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/sugar-datastore
10) Original repo: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-artwork
My repo: https://github.com/curiousguy13/sugar-artwork
So, currently I am working on building and integrating all the modules successfully together and sorting out the errors and bugs that come in my way.