Wednesday 30 April 2014

SELECTED FOR GSoC 2014!


It has been a while since the list of accepted students were announced but I was so busy with college work that I forgot to update the blog. So here goes my first blog post ever:
On the day that the result for GSoC was to be announced I was actually at peace with the thought of not getting selected as I had learnt so much in the last 3 months from the open source community. Even if I didn't get selected I would've continued working with many interesting open source organisations (and I still intend to).Even though apparently I was at peace with not getting selected , my hands were shaking with excitement just before the announcement of results.
When on the night of 21st April, i got the e-mail that I had been selected for GSoC 2014 , I felt the euphoria that I hadn't felt in a long time . It felt amazing to be selected for something that 6 months earlier I had only dreamt of .
The project that I am selected for is : Porting Sugar to Python3 under Sugar Labs.
I want to thank Walter Bender and the Sugar Labs community for being there whenever I needed them and for accepting me to be a part of the sugar community.
I am really excited to be a part of the Sugar and look forward to working for it and making it better through GSoC and beyond.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Math of Intelligence : Logistic Regression

Logistic Regression Logistic Regression ¶ Some javascript to enable auto numberi...